We adopt various strategies and programmes to promote our students’ reading skills and habits.
- Big Book Reading
- Poetry Reading
- Reading Bees programme, sets of readers are circulated among students to promote reading culture
- Buddy Reading Team, P.1 students enjoy reading English books with Reading Buddies.
Apart from basic text types, students are taught to explore writing different kinds of texts such as stories, poems and book reports.
We help students to improve their writing skills, organize their written works and write creatively through various writing tasks.
- School-based G.E. Worksheets tailored to match students’ learning needs
- Word Bank booklets. To help students collect useful vocabulary and ideas for writing tasks.
- Our Class Dictionary
- Our Online Dictionary
- Creative writing tasks and task-based booklets
- English Projects
- Letter to our NET, Mr Harper
Speaking and Listening:
Students are exposed to various speaking and listening programmes to develop their skills.
- Reader’s Theater lessons (P.1-3)
- Drama lessons (P.4)
- Interview Workshops and training (P.6)
- Poems, songs and rhymes
- English activities
We have collaborated with HKedCity to provide an interactive video platform, EnglishCentral, for students to expand their vocabulary and improve their listening and speaking skills. Students can now learn English anywhere at their own pace.
Native English Teachers
Mr Harper and Miss Rashmi help us to learn English in a fun way.
Learning with iPads